Research Associate / Researcher
Salary: Research Associate £27,810 – £30,714
Researcher £30,847 – £35,371
Closing date: 31 January 2019
Interviews will be held in Perth on 19 February 2019
The Centre for Mountain Studies and the UNESCO Chair in Sustainable Mountain Development are based in Perth, at Perth College UHI, a large academic partner in Scotland’s newest University, the University of the Highlands and Islands. We are looking for a Researcher or Research Associate, who will play a key role in the Centre, working on all aspects of project development and implementation, and teaching on the online MSc in Sustainable Mountain Development.
To succeed in this exciting role, you will have undertaken PhD research in a relevant discipline and be able to demonstrate research competence. We are looking for someone who will submit successful proposals for research and consulting project opportunities to generate external income. Excellent communications skills and a strong interest in knowledge exchange are also important.
You will represent the Centre to both internal and external stakeholders, as well as supervising postgraduate students.
Purpose of Post
To work on all aspects of project development and implementation, and teach on the online MSc in Managing Sustainable Mountain Development.
· Undertake innovative research and consultancy, including writing reports.
· Identify research and consulting project opportunities and liaise with potential funders.
· Develop and submit successful proposals for research and consulting projects.
· Submit and publish articles in peer-reviewed academic journals.
· Engage in knowledge exchange activities with relevant stakeholders and non-specialist audiences.
· Contribute to delivery of modules in the on-line MSc Sustainable Mountain Development (e.g., biodiversity management, sustainable deer management, sustainable land use and renewable energy)
· Supervise postgraduate students undertaking MSc and PhD dissertations.
· Work effectively with the CMS team.
· Organise and manage work flow with minimal supervision.
· Represent the CMS, Perth College UHI, or UHI on external bodies.
· Engage in aspects of CMS, College, and UHI administration as required.
To apply for this post, go to the Perth College UHI Vacancies page, click on ‘View our vacancies’ and, on the next screen, ‘Search vacancies’. This will take you to a page from where you can apply using the on-screen form. Alternatively, a recruitment pack can be requested by telephoning +44 (0) 1738 877444 (answering machine).