The Robert Bosch Stiftung would like to invite you to apply for the Robert Bosch Junior Professorship Research into the Sustainable Use of Natural Resources together with a German university or research institution of your choice. Applicants of all nationalities are welcome. Areas addressed
They are looking for an outstanding young scientist whose research areas concern the sustainable use of natural resources. Research approaches maybe based in the natural sciences as well as in the social, developmental, political, medical and public health sciences.
The research should focus on developing and emerging countries. The research results are expected to contribute to the solution of urgent environmental problems.
The successful applicant will be awarded a grant worth up to 1 million euros for a five year period, in order to set up a research group in a German research institution or university. The funds can be allocated flexibly towards covering salaries and research costs.
- excellent doctorate degree, completed no more than 5 years prior to the application deadline of 13 May 2011 (adjusted for documented parental leave)
- compelling independent past scientific achievements and publications in peer-reviewed journals
- international research experience
- excellent proficiency in English
- potential to obtain a leading position
in his/her research field
- non-German applicants should be prepared to learn German.
The application deadline is 13 May 2011.
For further information please visit www.bosch-stiftung.de/juniorprofessorship.